In case you have forgot the root password in your OpenSuSE or SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop system, the following steps will help you in resetting your root password.
- Turn on your system.
- In the grub menu select the kernel you want to boot and press tab to shift focus to "Boot Options"
- Now type , init =/bin/bash ( if you are using GRUB boot loader) or linux init=/bin/bash ( if you are using the LILO boot loader). Press Enter to continue.
- You will see a prompt such as (none)# in the teminal.
- Now run command mount , to verify whether your "/" volume is mounted or not.
- If mounted, Run passwd command in terminal to change the password for root.