It is very annoying to see the message "This copy of the Install OS X Mavericks application can't be verified. It may have been corrupted or tampered with during downloading." when you try to install old releases of Apple OS X operating systems such as Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite etc. If you are trying to install OS X Mavericks as virtual machine in VMWare fusion or in physical system, then follow below steps to successfully install the operating system.
In VMWARE Fusion.
- Create a OSX Mavericks VM by attaching OSX Mavericks Installer to the virtual machine.
- Do not Poweron the virtual machine. If powered on automatically after 1st step above then poweroff the VM.
- Open Virtual Machine Settings, Goto Advanced Section.
- Un check "Synchronize Time" setting.
- Start the Virtual Machine to install the OSX Mavericks.
- In the OSX Installer app , Launch Terminal.app.
- Set the system date to old date as date 102613152013 (Oct/26/2013 13:15).
- Quit the Terminal application.
- Continue with the installation.
In Physical System:
Prior starting the installation change the system date to old date as said above using terminal app launched from OS X Installer application.